Denturists are professionals who specialize in removable dentures. They analyze and evaluate the functional and aesthetic needs of patients who require prosthetic devices. Working with patients, they establish a treatment plan tailored to the needs and budget of each. Denturists are oral health care providers who manufacture, install and adjust dentures. In cooperation with Roxane Pinsonneault, a denturist with Lapointe Dental Centres, here are five essential tips for maintaining removable dentures:
- Clean your dentures after each meal. Like natural teeth, dentures are susceptible to plaque buildup. Cleaning is easy, but vitally important. Remember to rinse out your mouth to remove bacteria.
- Remove dentures at bedtime. The pressure from your dentures obstructs blood supply to the mucus membranes and inhibits their regeneration.
- Soak your dentures in a cleaning solution each day. This simple action loosens and removes accumulated deposits.
- A removable denture does not last forever. Despite careful maintenance, your dentures will still need to be replaced every five years.
- See your denturist once a year for an in-depth cleaning and a checkup.
The denturists at Lapointe Dental Centres believe in closely monitoring their patients who wear removable dentures to ensure that everything is going well and answer any questions. Over 20 denturists work at Lapointe Dental Centres. Make an appointment with one of them today.