Summum and InvisalignTM invisible aligners
Frequently asked questions
Answers to the most frequently asked questions about orthodontic treatment.
Why use orthodontics?
- Correct the position of the teeth (protruding teeth, overlapping teeth, space between the teeth…)
- Improve dental occlusion (bite) and restore a better masticatory function (chewing)
- Avoid the premature wear of the teeth
- Create space for the eruption of permanent teeth
- Improve self-esteem and self-confidence
- Achieve optimal oral health
Finally, the aesthetic aspect is not to be overlooked. Orthodontics can give you the smile you deserve.
Are orthodontic treatments suitable for adults?
Orthodontics is often associated with children. In fact, it is possible to do an interception phase at a young age to create the space needed for permanent teeth in children to erupt.
However, more and more adults are turning to orthodontics to realign their teeth in a lasting way. Although the basic procedure for orthodontic treatment is different for children and for adults, it still remains relevant to undertake an orthodontic treatment regardless of age. The duration of the treatment is influenced by several factors and can last from a few months to a few years.
Take advantage of our payment options for your treatment!
Lapointe Dental Centres offer several financing options to fit any budget.