Lapointe Dental Centres are currently looking for a Senior Network Administrator to join the IT department team at the head office, located in Vieux-Longueuil, Quebec.
Creators of smiles for over 30 years, Lapointe Dental Centres consist of 27 dental clinics, a dedicated laboratory, and an administrative centre.
Under the supervision of the IT Director, the Senior Network Administrator will take part in the development and maintenance of IT networks and infrastructures at Lapointe Dental Centres. Moreover, he/she will be responsible for ensuring the high availability of network infrastructures and will work in conjunction with the existing IT team to meet the technological needs of the company.
The position can be carried out on a telecommuting basis, but may require days on-site when necessary.
This is a permanent, full-time position.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE BE
- Install, configure, maintain and support the server and network infrastructure for the entire organisation, including several remote sites;
- Ensure the technical development of the work environment while ensuring its stability and monitoring;
- Ensure governance, monitoring and proactive follow-ups on the effectiveness of the components in his/her charge;
- Ensure the proper functioning of data backup and recovery procedures;
- Ensure the management of virtual infrastructure and telephony equipment;
- Ensure information security and integrity and take part in implementing safety standards;
- Provide technical assistance to other team members;
- Carry out any other function-related tasks and/or at the request of the immediate supervisor.
WHAT IS A GOOD “FIT” FOR THE JOB
- Diploma of Collegial Studies (DEC) in computer technology or another relevant field;
- 10-15 years experience in systems administration;
- Very strong problem analysis and troubleshooting skills regarding servers and networks;
- In-depth knowledge of Fortinet equipment;
- Knowledge of Windows environments and software (Active Directory, GPO, etc);
- Knowledge of virtualisation solutions such as VMWare in a disaster recovery environment;
- Knowledge of IP networks such as LAN/WAN, MPLS, VPN, DHCP, DNS, etc;
- Knowledge of telecommunication equipment such as firewalls, switches, routers;
- Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Office 365, etc. (important asset);
- Knowledge of backup and replication tools (Veeam) (important asset);
- Knowledge of monitoring tools (important asset);
- Managing priorities and ensuring deadlines are met;
- Ability to work in a networking team;
- Service-oriented with strong motivation for customer/user satisfaction;
- Great discretion and confidentiality;
- In possession of a valid driver’s licence;
- Bilingual skills: spoken and written French & English.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN BY JOINING OUR TEAM
- Pleasant and professional working environment;
- Career development opportunities;
- Daytime schedule;
- Competitive benefits.
Do you want to take on this new challenge and be part of our #creatorsofsmiles team? Send us your résumé at [email protected].
Would you like to apply? We want to hear from you.
Send us your application.