Communications & Events Coordinator
430, Saint-Charles Ouest Street, Longueuil (Québec) J4H 1G2
The Lapointe Group is currently looking for someone who is passionate about communications and events. If you are resourceful, love teamwork and are constantly on the lookout for new technological trends, this challenge is for you! Reporting to the Marketing and Communications Manager, the Coordinator’s main responsibility is to enhance and increase the visibility of the company’s two brands. Working with colleagues across the company as well as with business partners and suppliers, you will take charge of communication mandates via digital and conventional media, company events and other internal and external communication channels.
This is an offsite working position and may require an occasional presence onsite at the head office in Longueuil.
Permanent, full-time position
Lapointe Dental Centres have two brands:
Lapointe Dental Centres
A Quebec-based company founded in 1987 that now has 28 dental centres in Quebec. The company continues to expand its network to meet the growing needs of Quebecers. With close to 600 employees and dental professionals in Quebec, you will help maintain the company’s leadership position.
Founded in 1987, the Summum Dental Laboratory has a national reputation. Renowned for its expertise and the quality of its products, it has forged an exceptional reputation where art and technology are one. With more than 100 dental technicians and assistants, the laboratory manufactures, modifies and creates in conjunction with a wide range of dentists and denturists. Resolutely modern, Summum Dental Laboratory has been effectively, meticulously and passionately creating smiles now for over 35 years.
WHAT WILL YOUR ROLE BE?
Social networks and communications (60%)
- Update and maintain the social media calendar and implement original campaigns and content to showcase the company and its partners on all platforms
- Create engaging digital multimedia content, including writing, coordination, photo and video content development and graphic design within the guidelines of both brands
- Produce a monthly analytical report of the various publications and propose strategies
- Develop strategies to increase subscribers and involvement on social networks (B2C)
- Manage comments on our various digital platforms (social networks and Google)
- Assist the HR department in implementing recruitment initiatives on various digital platforms
- Develop and ensure compliance with social media posting rules and editorial policies
- Keep abreast of the latest digital marketing trends and competition
- Participate in realizing the communication plan and writing internal press releases
- Create and update the various HR communication and marketing tools (brochures, print and digital content) and ensure the translation of content
- Participate in developing the calendar and in the writing and sending of newsletters.
- Organize internal events and plan services dedicated to employees to ensure team cohesion while respecting the corporate culture (in collaboration with the HR team)
- Receive various sponsorships and coordinate the organization of corporate events for both brands (8-10 per year)
- Be mindful and proactive in identifying and setting up events to promote the company
Other related tasks (10%)
- Participate in media monitoring and various brainstorming sessions
- Support the team for all recruitment projects (employees and professionals)
- Update and coordinate various internal and external printing projects (promotional items, stationery, computer background, etc.)
- Working closely and cross-functionally with other departments
ARE YOU A GOOD “FIT” FOR THE JOB?
- University degree in communications or marketing, or equivalent;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a position related to the coordination of social media and communications
- Excellent knowledge of social media and how they work;
- Excellent knowledge of the different advertising tools on the web and how advertising spacing works;
- Excellent written and verbal skills in French and English
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
- Having a portfolio is an asset;
- Demonstrates a strong sense of resourcefulness and initiative;
- Detail-oriented, structured and not afraid of tight deadlines;
- Able to build trusting relationships with colleagues, internal clients and external suppliers;
- Excellent knowledge of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and TikTok;
- Good knowledge and mastery of one of the software programs used in computer graphics: Adobe Suite, Canva, Photoshop;
- Experience in event coordination;
- Dynamism and motivation in the face of new challenges.
ADVANTAGES OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Arrangement of working hours;
- Working from the location of your choice;
- Collaborative and professional work environment;
- Ongoing training and career development opportunities;
- Competitive benefits
Do you want to take on this new challenge and be part of our team of #creatorsofsmiles? Send us your résumé at [email protected].
Would you like to apply? We want to hear from you.
Send us your application.